PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTES A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND LENDIT AND CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS, AND INCLUDES VARIOUS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS.
Nothing contained on our Sites constitute investment, legal or tax advice. The information and any opinions contained on this website are not and should not be construed as solicitations or offers by LendIt Conference LLC (“LendIt”), or any of its affiliates to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or any portion of our Sites with or without notice to you. We will not be liable if we choose to exercise this right. You acknowledge and accept that we do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Sites, or that operation of our Sites will be uninterrupted or error free. You understand that usage of our Sites may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control.
As a condition of your right to use this Site, you represent that you are of legal age to enter into a binding contract, and that you are not a person barred from visiting the Site and accessing the Service under the laws of the United States or another country.
All data, features, information, text, graphics images, music, sounds, photographs, illustrations, logos, messages, audio, information, video and other information or content that is available on the Site, including without limitation Site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof, are owned by LendIt, with all rights reserved, or in some cases may be licensed to LendIt by third parties (collectively, “LendIt Content”).
The LendIt Content is protected by the intellectual property rights of LendIt or those owners. All content which qualifies for protection under Federal Copyright Law under the laws of the United States is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Court System, whether registered or unregistered. All trademarks displayed on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of such parties. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the websites of third parties is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those third parties endorse or have any affiliation with LendIt.
Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, LendIt grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, freely revocable license to access and view all LendIt Content solely for your own personal or professional purposes in connection with your use of the Site and Service. You will have no right to sublicense this license. You shall not, and shall not permit any third party to: (a) alter, modify, reproduce, or create derivative works of any LendIt Content; (b) distribute, sell, resell, lend, loan, lease, license, sublicense or transfer any LendIt Content; or © alter, obscure or remove any copyright, trademark or any other notices that are provided on or in connection with any LendIt Content. Except as stated in this section or as provided by any Additional Terms, you are granted no other licenses or rights in or to any LendIt Content.
Any content, whether uploaded, posted, submitted, or otherwise made available to us or posted on our Sites, including without limitation comments to blog posts, user content from social media, or any other content which does not originate with LendIt, or our partners or affiliates (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of the person who made such User Content available. Under no circumstances will LendIt, our partners or affiliates, be liable in any way for any User Content made available through any of our Sites. We may not moderate all comments to postings made on our Sites or User Content on certain other areas of our Sites, so we cannot and do not warrant and/or guarantee the truthfulness, integrity, suitability, or quality of any publically available User Content.
You agree that you will not use any of our Sites to transmit or make available any content that:
If any User Content is your original work, then you own the copyright in that work. We do not claim any copyrights in original works created and/or posted by individual visitors to our Sites. However, by uploading, posting, transmitting or otherwise making any User Content available on or through our Sites or social media, you are granting us, and our related entities, an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to copy, modify, publish, distribute or perform publicly, and prepare derivative works of such User Content in any medium or format without any obligation of notice, attribution or compensation to you.
All communications, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, proposed features, and the like (collectively “Feedback”) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary with regard to you, but we reserve the right to treat any such Feedback as the confidential information of LendIt. By submitting Feedback to us, you assign to us, free of charge, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to create derivative works, distribute, reproduce, perform, display, and otherwise use, any intellectual property rights or proprietary information and ideas contained within any such Feedback, including without limitation the right to sublicense or assign any of the foregoing. We will be entitled to use any Feedback you submit to us, and any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing and marketing products and services using such Feedback without restriction and without notifying or compensating you in any way. Please do not send us any information or materials for which you do not wish to grant us such rights, including, without limitation, any confidential information or any original creative materials such as product ideas, written materials, photographs, original artwork, or computer code. You are responsible for the information and other content contained in any Feedback you submit to us, including, without limitation, their truthfulness and accuracy.
You agree not to use the Site to (a) violate or encourage the violation of any local, state, national, or international law; (b) stalk, harass, or harm another individual; © collect or store personal data about other users of our Site; (d) impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (e) interfere with or disrupt the Site or networks connected to the Site or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site. You agree not to use the Site to send any message that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, sexually explicit, threatening, vulgar, obscene, profane, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable, as determined by LendIt in its sole discretion.
Without our written consent, you may not (i) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose any LendIt Content or any use of or access to the Site; (ii) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam); (iii) use any high volume, automated, or electronic means (including, without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts, or other automated devices) to access the Site or monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained thereon; (iv) deep link to the Site for any purpose; or (d) frame the Site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LENDIT, ITS RELATED ENTITIES, ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “LENDIT PARTIES”) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, RELATED TO OUR SITES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. OUR SITES AND ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE LENDIT PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELINESS OF DELIVERY OF CONTENT, ANY FAILURES OF DELIVERY, ERRONEOUS DELETION, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND YOU CLAIM WAS INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, WILL ANY OF THE LENDIT PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, LIABILITY OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY OF OUR SITES OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT, FEATURE OR SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF OUR SITES. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, REVENUE OR PROFITS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS; EVEN IF ANY LENDIT PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE LENDIT PARTIES UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In the event that you find content posted on one of our Sites which you believe is an infringement of the copyright ownership or other intellectual property rights of yourself or any third party, please immediately contact our Copyright Agent as described below. To report any alleged infringement, you may contact us in writing by providing a signed statement containing the following information:
Please send your notice of alleged infringement to: LendIt Conference LLC, 530 7th Ave, Suite 505, NY, NY 10018; Email: email@example.com. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), it is our policy to terminate use of our Sites by repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Separate versions of our Site may be available for use on mobile devices. If you access our Site or Service on mobile devices or in mobile apps, you understand that your mobile carrier’s standard charges will apply.
You assume all knowledge of applicable law and you are responsible for compliance with any such laws. You may not use the Site in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements.
LendIt Conference LLC
530 7th Ave,
New York, NY 10018
+1 551 800 5097
LendIt Fintech is committed to providing our customers, visitors, partners and employees with clarity about how we collect, use and protect personal data.
LendIt uses data primarily to help registrants for our in-person and online events to understand how to attend and make the most of their experience; and to communicate news about upcoming events that individuals and companies may be interested in attending. A detailed list of data uses is below.
We follow data privacy and communications opt-in practices based on regulations for the geographic domains in which we operate. These include, but are not limited to, the US CAN-SPAM Act and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). With respect to GDPR, we rely on accepted lawful bases of ‘Contract’ to collect data and deliver communications related to registrations and other transactions; ‘Legitimate Interests’ to reach businesspeople with a likely interest in our services based on their professional role or interests; and ‘Consent’ when someone completes a form to opt into our general communications.
Through your continued use of our Sites or by willingly providing your Personally Relevant Information to us, you consent to the practices described in this Policy.
LendIt Conference LLC
530 7th Ave, Suite 505
New York, NY 10019
For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information that can be used to help identify you as an individual, including your: name; address; email and telephone number; online/social media accounts; employment information; and any persistent identifier that can be used to recognize you over time and your activity across different online services.
We also may compile other relevant information, which doesn’t directly identify a user but may further characterize your interest and behavior. An example of this is your stated interest in LendIt content and activities focused on certain industry themes. Together, we refer to Personal Information and other relevant information as “Personally Relevant Information.”
We primarily collect and use Personally Relevant Information in the following ways:
When you register for a conference
We collect Personally Relevant Information when a user registers for a conference (whether for themselves, or on behalf of another individual). Information collection may also occur at the point of onsite check-in at an event. For example, we typically collect your name, email address, company, job title and function, mailing address, and phone number. If you choose, we will collect information relating to additional online contact information/usernames and preference information such as secondary phone numbers and emails, gender orientation or dietary restrictions. We use this information so that we can administer, manage and correspond with you about your registration and to contact you with information or issues relating to your attendance at our conference.
Your email address will be added to the LendIt general mailing list, which informs you of upcoming events and other program information that may be of interest to you. You may subsequently opt out of emails that are not required to ensure you can attend and be productive at events for which you registered.
We also use registration information to provide you information from or about sponsors, exhibitors, and speakers, and to encourage networking between attendees, sponsors, partners and/or exhibitors at our conferences. Your name, company name, job title, contact information, or other personal or professional information may be included in media created by LendIt for each conference, shared with partners or sponsors, or made available through our mobile or web application. The information shared varies depending on whether you are a speaker, sponsor, exhibitor, or attendee. See the relevant section below for details.
Finally, in order for you to make a payment or complete a transaction on our Sites, we may ask for your account information, security code, billing address, and any other information that may be required to process your transaction. For credit card transactions, this information is used only to process your payments securely via a third-party processor and is not permanently stored by LendIt.
When you apply to become a LendIt speaker, sponsor or competition participant
We accept inquiries and applications online to become a speaker or sponsor at a LendIt event and also to be considered for industry competitions and awards hosted by LendIt.
If you apply to become a speaker, we require you to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name, and job title. You may choose to provide additional information related to your preferred topic and personal qualifications. By submitting this Personally Relevant Information, you consent to our retention of any information you provide. We use this information to evaluate your application and to communicate with you and will not publish or otherwise release this information to the public, unless you are selected to become a speaker or later provide your consent. You will be added to our general email list; you can choose to opt out subsequently by following the opt-out link at the bottom of any such email.
If you apply to become a sponsor or participate in competitions/awards, we collect contact information from you as a representative of the relevant organization that is applying. Personal Information collection and use is subject to the same measures as described for speaker applications.
When you download content or register for an activity on our Site
To stay abreast of industry trends or receive detailed materials about our programs, you may choose to take steps such as downloading an e-book or agenda, or registering for a webinar. Personally Relevant Information may be collected at that time, in order to fulfill the request, and may be shared with our partners who contributed to the program You will be added to our email list; you can choose to opt out subsequently by following the opt-out link at the bottom of any such email.
When you sign up to receive updates about LendIt
When you proactively sign up for updates on LendIt, we will add you to our general email list. This list provides updates on our conferences and other events, news, or other information you may find useful. LendIt, our sponsors, or partners will only use your Personal Information collected through this email sign-up in order to send you these communications.
When you complete an event survey
When you complete an event survey, we may collect certain Personally Relevant Information from you along with your feedback. We use information collected in the surveys to administer, respond to, analyze or otherwise complete the survey process. Our surveys may include a response section specifically soliciting testimonials; excerpts of these quotes may be published and associated with your name, photo, title and company.
When you read and comment on LendIt Fintech News, Lend Academy, or LendIt’s blog
You may choose to opt in to email communications from LendIt Fintech News, a daily fintech industry news summary. This involves providing an email address, name and company information. This information will not be shared with third parties. You can later opt out, if desired, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any LendIt Fintech News email. You may alternatively read LendIt FinTech News via a link at the top of lendit.com to the News pages or by subscribing to the blog (RSS feed), without opting into emails.
You also may choose to opt in to email communications from Lend Academy, a provider of fintech industry analysis and an affiliate website of LendIt.com. The same measures apply to Lend Academy as described above for LendIt Fintech News. Some content from these two information portals are integrated across both sites, however, you opt in and opt out of emails for each of the sites separately.
LendIt additionally maintains a corporate blog, accessible via the lendit.com main menu, where we collect your name, email address, and website if you leave a comment. We use this information solely in connection with your comments to our blog or to contact you about a post you have made. Your name, website and any information you provide in the comment box, including any additional Personal Information, may be made public.
When you contact us through the Site
We request your name and email address if you contact us through our online contact form. We will use Personal Information collected through the contact form as needed to respond to your inquiry.
Third party sites and services
Certain services on our Sites—such as payment processing, registration, networking tools, and post-conference surveys—may be provided or powered by third parties. You may also visit other third party sites through links on our Sites. While these parties may provide information to us, these third parties are not bound by this Policy and may have privacy policies of their own governing the use and disclosure of your Personally Relevant Information. Please read any policies of third parties before you choose to provide Personally Relevant Information to them.
When we research companies and individuals who may be interested in our offerings
LendIt Fintech and certain third-party service providers we work with will research companies and individuals by role who may be interested in our offerings. These entities may be added proactively to our records and email list. We base this activity on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations’ legal basis for using Personally Relevant Information known as “legitimate interests” (see GDPR Article 6, section 1-f). You may choose to opt out of communications or have your data deleted at any time, following the instructions above for “Communications & Data Collection Preference Settings.”
Cookies and online tracking
We respect the privacy of our conference attendees and do not sell or provide access to your Personal Information, except as described below. Please be aware that certain Personally Relevant Information provided during conference registration may be made public. The information shared depends on the type of attendee.
In addition to the previously mentioned uses of data:
You may access or update any Personally Relevant Information we hold about you by sending a letter or email using the contact information listed at the beginning of this Policy. We will provide you a statement of all data collected about you. We will respond to reasonable requests for revision and will provide access to the extent required by law.
For residents of California (as required by California law), the Personally Relevant Information LendIt has disclosed about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year (if any) is available upon request by contacting us.
You may request that we delete your Personally Relevant Information at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Delete My Data. We will acknowledge receipt of the request and send you confirmation when complete, generally within 30 days of request. If you have registered for an upcoming event or otherwise formed a contract to be performed with or by us, then final data deletion may occur after the completion of such contract.
For the most part, individuals’ Personally Relevant Information will be entirely deleted. If you have been associated with a prior event registration or other transaction, we may “anonymize” your record by replacing name and email with unidentifiable characters and erasing the other information related to you; this permits LendIt to maintain the integrity of our transactional records.
We use reasonable security measures to protect any Personally Relevant Information held by LendIt. We implement and regularly review various physical, procedural and technological safeguards that we believe will keep your Personally Relevant Information secure.
When becoming aware of a breach or suspected breach, we will notify the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours. When the personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we shall communicate the personal data breach to you without undue delay.
LendIt complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). This site is neither directed at nor intended for minors under the age of 18. In the event that we have inadvertently collected Personally Relevant Information from a user under age 13, we will promptly delete it, in compliance with COPPA. Do not use this Site if you are under the age of 18.
By providing us with any Personally Relevant information you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless LendIt, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and their respective shareholders, owners, members, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected Personally Relevant Information. In addition, while we take reasonable steps to prevent third-party companies from making unauthorized use of your personal information, we cannot be held liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected Personally Relevant Information by those third parties.
This policy may change from time to time. We will post the most current version of this policy on our website with the effective date indicated. Your continued use of our Sites means you consent to the terms of any Policy revisions.
Cookies are small data files that are transferred to your hard drive when your browser settings permit the acceptance of cookies. Similar technologies, such as pixel tags, function through the use of small files, such as a GIF or PNG, which are opened on a page or in an email. In this policy, we refer to all such technologies as cookies. The request for these files from a server reveals certain information, such as your browser type, IP address, and other information. To learn more about cookies and how they can affect your privacy, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
By tracking how and when you use our website, these technologies help us determine which features and content on the site are most important to our visitors.
We categorize cookies in the following ways:
For all types of cookies other than Strictly Necessary, you have the option of enabling or disabling them. However, disabling certain categories of cookies may cause aspects of the website to cease functioning properly. If you do not want information collected through the use of optional cookies, you may access the Cookie Preferences page on our website to select the types cookies you wish to enable or disable. If you do not wish to experience Strictly Necessary cookies, then you would need to leave our website.
Thank you for registering for LendIt’s live conference or virtual event (the “Event”). The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to your attendance. Your purchase of a ticket to the Event represents your acceptance of these Terms.
1. Purchasing Tickets. The full price of your ticket is due when you register for the Event. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, all ticket purchases are non-refundable.
2. Ticket Transfers. If you cannot attend the Event, you may transfer your ticket to apply to a future event (occurring within the next 12 months) or to a colleague, free of charge. Requests to transfer your ticket to a future event must be received by LendIt in writing at least 30 days prior to the first day of the Event. Requests to transfer your ticket to a colleague should be submitted in writing to LendIt at least 5 business days prior to the first day of the Event. All requests for ticket transfers should be submitted to email@example.com. You will not be eligible for a refund if you cannot attend the conference and/or are unable to transfer your ticket.
3. Modification of Event Date, Time, Format, and/or Content. LendIt will hold the Event as originally intended so long as doing so is reasonably practicable. LendIt reserves the right to change the Event date, time, format (for example, from a live event to a virtual event), and/or content if circumstances beyond LendIt’s control arise. Such circumstances may include problems with the Event venue, a disease outbreak, a threat related to war or terrorism, political unrest, an act of nature, or any other “force majeure” event. If LendIt changes the date, time, format, and/or content of the Event, your ticket for the Event will be valid for the Event as modified. You will not be entitled to a refund, and these Terms will remain in full force and effect in relation to the modified Event. LendIt will notify you in writing as soon as practicable if any aspect of the Event will be modified.
4. Cancellation. In the rare case that an Event is cancelled rather than modified, LendIt will provide you with a credit equal to the price of your ticket. You may apply this credit to your purchase of a ticket to another LendIt Event scheduled during the twelve-month period following the original date of the cancelled Event.
5. COVID-19 Refunds and Credits. We will issue a full refund to you if you are unable to participate at an in-person LendIt event if you are legitimately ill or subject to a government-issued travel restriction as of the event date. If you are unable to attend due to company-mandated travel restrictions, you will be issued a credit valid for 12 months to be applied to any future LendIt event ticket or sponsorship. Please submit all refund requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. COVID-19 refunds are not available for virtual events.
6. Personal Information. LendIt will collect certain personal information from you in connection with your registration for the Event. Such collected information will include your name, job title, and company name. You agree that LendIt may share this personal information with the Event’s sponsors and other Event attendees using LendIt’s networking tools. Further, you agree that LendIt may use your company’s name and your job title in LendIt’s event-related marketing materials.
7. Media Release. You acknowledge and agree that you may be filmed, photographed, or recorded during the Event, and that any such videos, images, or recordings may be broadcast, posted, uploaded, or otherwise used by LendIt on its website and in marketing materials. You grant LendIt an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use your name, voice, biography, and likeness in any media and any videos, images, or recordings of the Event as LendIt reasonably desires in connection with its marketing efforts.
8. Content. All rights to presentations, documents, and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the Event (“Content”) are either owned by LendIt or are included in the Event with the permission of their owner(s). In exchange for your purchase of a ticket to the Event, LendIt grants you a non-transferrable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, revocable, world-wide, royalty-free license, without right to sublicense, to access and use the Content for your own internal purposes before and during the Event. You will not republish, broadcast, reproduce, distribute, modify, store, transfer, or disseminate any Content without our prior written approval, nor will you use Content in any way that might infringe upon a third party’s rights, or that may damage the reputation of LendIt or any of its sponsors or affiliates. You acknowledge that Content does not necessarily reflect LendIt’s views or opinions. Information contained in Content should not be relied upon as advice or used in place of professional counsel. While we take reasonable care to ensure that the Content is accurate and complete, some Content is supplied by third parties and we are unable to guarantee its accuracy or completeness. Content is provided through the Event on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. LendIt reserves all rights related to Content that are not expressly granted to you in this paragraph.
9. Code of Conduct During the Event. You will honor and abide by any security and safety procedures and policies that are applicable to the Event and/or to the venue at which the Event is held. You must have your photo ID with you during the Event for ticket verification purposes. If the Event is a live conference, you must have your conference badge and bracelet on at all times during the Event. If you lose or break either your bracelet or your badge, you will be charged a replacement fee of $150. If you lose your badge and your bracelet, you will be charged the full ticket price and will not be admitted to the Event. LendIt’s Badge and Bracelet policy is available in full on our website. We may refuse to allow you to attend the Event, or may require you to leave, if at any time we have reason to believe that you have: (i) violated these Terms, (ii) committed a criminal offense or otherwise violated applicable law, (iii) behaved in a disorderly manner or in a way that has an adverse effect on the safety of the public, (iv) behaved in an anti-social manner or in a way that causes a public nuisance; (v) made unwelcome advances or otherwise socialized in an unprofessional manner with another attendee, sponsor, or any other person at the Event; or (v) organized, facilitated, or participated in any commercial, promotional, or trading activities at or near the Event without our prior express written permission. You will not be entitled to a refund of your ticket price if you are refused entry into the Event or if you are asked to leave.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU OR LENDIT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR FOR LOSS OF GOOD WILL OR PROFITS, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. LENDIT’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU TO LENDIT FOR YOUR TICKET TO THE EVENT. THE LIMITATION IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT APPLY TO (A) BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), OR (B) GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT.
11. Miscellaneous. These terms are governed by the laws of the State of Colorado in the United States of America, regardless of the location of the Event. You agree that any dispute that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or the Event will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction in Denver, Colorado, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any notice or similar communication under these Terms will be given in writing, which may include a writing submitted via email. If any Term is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such Term may be severed or modified to be enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remainder of these Terms will remain valid and enforceable.
The unforeseen, unprecedented, and ever-changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic has required us to alter our approach to event management in order to provide in-person events. Before attending an event, all attendees should understand: (i) the risks associated with attending an event during the pandemic, (ii) what we are doing to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at our events, and (iii) each attendee’s responsibility to help us mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Your understanding and commitment to partner with us before and during the event is critical to making in-person events possible this year.
Risks of Event Attendance During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We cannot guarantee a COVID-19-free event environment. Attendees travel to events from many locations, some of which may have increased COVID-19 transmission rates. By the very nature of the personal interactions that take place at events, contracting COVID-19 (or any other communicable disease) is an inherent risk of attendance. Contracting COVID-19 can lead to short and long-term illness of varying degrees of severity with symptoms including, among others, cough, fever, loss of taste and smell, body aches, and shortness of breath. In some cases, COVID-19 can be fatal. By attending an event, participants agree that they acknowledge and accept the inherent risk that they could contract COVID-19.
Our COVID-19 Policies for Events
We follow current federal, state, city, and venue-issued guidance on COVID-19 protocols. As of August 2021, we encourage all event attendees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for their own safety and the safety of other attendees. Vaccination requirements will vary for each event. In-person participants must review the event specific requirements on the event specific web page prior to attending. At this time, proof of vaccination is required to attend LendIt Fintech LatAm 2021 and Nexus 2022. Currently proof of vaccination status or a vaccine passport is not required to attend other 2022 events. The CDC recommends that all attendees wear a face covering while in-doors. We also encourage attendees to wash their hands frequently and take other reasonable personal precautions to protect themselves and others from disease transmission. Finally, we may change these policies at any time before or even during an event based on local COVID-19 transmission data and applicable guidance. Please review these terms immediately prior to the event to ensure you understand our most recent policies.
Our Shared Responsibility
We are determined to provide fulfilling, in-person event experiences to attendees. You can help make this goal a reality by getting vaccinated, staying home if you have symptoms of COVID-19, practicing good personal hygiene (such as washing hands frequently and coughing into a sleeve), and keeping apprised of the latest COVID-19 transmission data and applicable guidance. With your help, we can rise to the challenge of partnering as active risk managers in an effort to reduce the risks of COVID-19 at events and in the greater community.
Last updated: August 23, 2021